The first president elected of the Association was Dr. Kwai-Wang Shyu. With limited budget, the Association shared a small space from the Taipei Dental Association located at Nanking West Road in Taipei as the initial office to develop its affairs. First of all, the Association set up several committees to promote its activities and started to have connection with other related associations. Furthermore, the publication of the journal of "Oral Medicine" and the organization of first annual meeting have solidly laid the foundation of the Association.
In 1982, with the efforts of 2nd, 3rd and 4th president of the Association, Dr. Fuw-Gudy Duh and Dr. Chao-Chang Chan, the Association had its own office of 113 square meter located at Chung-Shiau East Road in Taipei. Since then its activities and associated affairs have dramatically increased year by year. In 1990, the Association was moved into the current office that was bigger than ever.
From the date of foundation, the activities of ADS-ROC have grown up yearly under the efforts of each president, the members of the Board of Trustees and Supervisors, and every member of the Association. With sufficient financial support and more new recruited members, the Association achieved many successful performances:
● Organized the annual meeting and the exhibition of dental materials
● Published the Chinese Dental Journal and the Association Express
● Edited the Dictionary of Dental Sciences
● Started continuous education programs
● Assisted in establishing the training program for dental residents
● Promoted oral health education and improved national oral health
● Offered the suggestion and consultation of the laws regarding medical policy
● Participated in the activities of the international organizations of dental sciences